C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Friday, July 30, 2010

Southport, NC

July 30 Southport FREE DOCK!
The Lovetts had made friends with a couple Robert and Kay aboard C-Life.  They lived close to the free dock and Jeff’s parents said to call them when we were close to see if the one free space was open.  So, At around 10 am I hopped on the cell phone to call up Robert.  Sure enough the dock was open.  We slipped into the basin and docked.  It was a good docking not our best but pretty good.   We had a chance to get all the dock lines arranged and this cute boy came over and asked us about fishing.  Then he asked us if this was our boat and if we had a tiny boat.  I told him that the thing that looked like a surfboard was our tiny boat.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  I told him that it unfolds into a boat.  He thought that sounded ok.  He told us how he traveled some with his grandparents on their boat C-life.  Ah, the connection.
 Robert and Kay came over to welcome us a moment later.   What super generous folks.  We told them we were a bit tired and thought we’d go have some lunch and then walk around town.  We really were pooped.
It took all we had to get dressed to walk around the basin to eat at the provision company.  We met a woman who was selling her jewelry outside the restaurant she was from Walpole, nh and used to live in Brevard, nc and just moved to Southport.  She had some neat things. I wish I had picked up her card so that I could link it.  
Alas, we meandered back to the boat and Jeff went to the V-berth to read and I remained in the cockpit under the super shade with my book.  Neither of us got very far in our novels.  ZZZZZZZ.
It was 5 o'clock somewhere and my phone rang. Robert invited us up to the porch for a cocktail.  Jeff and I rallied and brought up a couple of beers.  We met Robert and Kay's family and neighbors.  They welcomed us onto the porch and for hours we laughed and told stories.  It was a nice change of pace.  At boat midnight -9 pm- excused ourselves to head back to the boat and the party went on without us.  

1 comment:

  1. I like that: "boat midnight - 9 PM"

    Congratulations on handling the storm!

    bob

    ReplyDelete