C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back on the water back to the galley

The galley wench is back and I am ready to share my learning's on the go. This trip is full of them so far. Number one make a pantry list and stick to it. I know this but I thought I would just wing it. Well that was like going to the grocery store hungry and no list. Crazy.
So here are some learning's...
  • Check to make sure the fresh items you have purchased will all fit in the fridge. Then stop buying items that need to be refrigerated.
  • Check to make sure all the cool new oils and vinegars that you bought at the fancy store will fit before buying a gallon of coconut oil and forgetting to buy regular olive oil or canola oil.
  • Check to make sure you have all the ingredients to that complicated recipe you just read in the latest bon appetite magazine and don't forget said magazine at your office desk.
  • Make sure you have enough lettuce even though you have learned to make more and you are fully prepared to make spouts. Then don't go out and buy even more because you can't remember if you got the lettuce on you first provisioning run.
  • Remember the yogurt starter you made but don't forget the milk to make more yogurt.
  • Remember all the steps to making that super good almond milk. Buy a new immersion blender to make the milk bring the almonds and don't forget that special strainer to actually make the milk.
  • Are you getting the picture? Lists are good. Following the list is an even better idea. My memory is really good for some things and then others? Not so much.
So we had salads for the first few days. Lunch and dinner. Super good for us. Super healthy. Not a huge bummer but by day three I was psyched not to have a salad!

Our first evening we had a big green salad and I grilled 2 salmon filets to go with it.



My learning here was I forgot my metal spatula for the grill and salmon skin really sticks to the grill. I have cedar planks for this reason but FORGOT all about them. Dinner was great and we are on the water. Can I really complain?

Lunch on day 2 - Salad Cheese & Crackers
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment