C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

still plugging away at boat projects

I've kept plenty busy with boat projects over the past couple days, but none of my progress has made good fodder for blog posts or generated images of amazing progress.  I continue to add images of my progress on a daily basis to the Rigging Repairs and Modifications -2011 and the Head Refinishing - 2011 photo albums.

In the past couple days sanding has occupied more of my time than any other project.  The lockers in the head are ready for primer and paint.


 I believe that Anne is going to take on the brush work.  Hopefully by Friday afternoon I will be able to post images of freshly painted head lockers.

We plan to resurface the counter in wood.  I purchased approx 10 board feet of Sapele for the counter top and a couple of other side projects.  A local friend is allowing me to use his wood shop to fabricate the counter top. We do not plan to install a sink in the head.  After issues with salt water back flowing through the head sink drain when heeled to port, we keep the sea cock closed.  We use the galley sink instead.  Thus for the the past couple years the head sink has remained unused.

I began cutting cloth for the new mast step this afternoon.  This is going to take more time & cloth than I initially anticipated.



No comments:

Post a Comment