C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 9

We had a long day out there. We needed something hot and a good pick me up. Soup! So, I made an Asian slaw, from the grocery store basically grated broccoli stalks, cabbage, grated carrots, ginger salad dressing and crunchy chow mein noodles all mixed together and served. Then I boiled water and made soup from a bag. Jeff had lemongrass chili and I had Bangkok curry, rice noodles seasoning and chili oil. Upscale Ramen noodles purchased at the grocery.

 No photos as I was too tired and hungry and the food was all gone by the time I thought, "oh I should be documenting this!" When I am working and dinner time sneaks up on me I tell the staff it will be boxed dinner because all I have time to do is open a box. Like I have said in earlier posts, I like to eat healthy and I don't always have time to make gourmet meals. So when I shop I purchase things with that in mind. Look at the ingredients, be choosy about what you put in your body. Just because they can sell it in the store doesn't mean it is good for you. Stay away from things that can make you sick, too much salt, too much fat, too much of anything. Then you can be sure when you are dog tired you have the best food you can have at your fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment