C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Monday, June 10, 2013

Morning Glory Muffins

My favorite thing on this boat besides Jeff, is my oven. 



I love to cook. I love to take random things and pile them together heat them up and call it dinner. Best of all I can bake while aboard. I know not everyone loves to cook and some folks even think they can't but really if you can read you can cook. If you are a careful reader you can bake basic things. If you are a technical reader you can bake anything and do everything.

I am not a technical reader, but I still try my hand at bread and other difficult things. I do like to make muffins and scones and once with help I made cupcakes and someday I will learn to make cookies. Baby steps.

Today I made morning glory muffins. I copied the recipe and it is attached. I got it from KingArthurFlour.com surprise surprise. I wish I had taken photos of the process but my hands were messy.



I did take a photo of the dirty dishes! And most importantly the final product. These are great for breakfast or a snack on passages as they are healthy and hardy.


I did substitute some things. I used craisins instead of raisins. One cup of oil and 3/4 cups of yogurt instead of the eggs and orange juice. I also filled the cups full. I usually only do 2/3 of the way full but I couldn't imagine the oven on for another 28 minuets the cabin is hot enough!

The down side of these muffins is either the baking soda did not get really mixed in or there was not enough acid to really react the baking soda. Some of the muffins were a little...basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment