C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hot stuff!

Thank goodness for the internet! For so many reasons but mainly because I was so excited to make a recipe out of the latest bon appetite magazine. Sesame noodles with chili oil. I left the magazine at the outward bound base camp. Dang it! Now what? I guess I will check my email. Wow, best idea ever. One of my favorite food blogs www.lottieanddoof.com covered this very recipe! I opened the email read his review and what he would change. Voila the recipe was at the end of the post.
I thought I had everything for this rice noodle salad. I know I said no more salad but this is different right? Well, I didn't have everything but I had good substitutions.
Recipe
1tbs orange harbenaro olive oil
1 pkg rice noodles soaked for 5 min in hot water to soften then drain
1 grated carrot
1/4 of onion thinly sliced
4 baby bell peppers thinly sliced
Sauce mix together and add to noodles and veggies
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup tamari
1 tbs sesame oil
As an added kick we dressed the salad with siracha maybe too much?
It turned out well and for dessert we were treated with the most beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment