C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Sunday, May 26, 2013

Snake creek fun

We had a good sail from everglades city to snake creek. We anchored off the channel by a no wake sign. I decided we did not have to have a salad but a light dinner was in order.


I sauteed 2 chicken breasts in a special oil Jeff's mom and I got when we went to an olive oil and vinegar shop. A little bit goes a long way. So I used cooking spray cooked the chicken then drizzled on the plate some of the orange habanero oil and mixed it with the cranberry pear vinegar. When the chicken was done I placed it on the plate and rolled it in the mixture. The smell was divine. I wish I had sliced it and then added the mixture. Next time. In the same pan I added sliced garlic broccoli rabe and some of the blood orange olive oil. That cooked down and on the plate it went. I salt and peppered the whole thing before serving. And voila super easy dinner for 2 and only one pan to clean. We could have had a starch or rice or quinoa or Israeli couscous but I really did not want to heat up the cabin. So while it might be bland on the plate there were no leftovers! I suggest going really easy on the habanero oil. It can over power the meal for sure.

We were really lucky as our friends Eric and Kim had invited us to a crawfish boil. I had never been to one so again a first for me!

 I enjoyed the claws more than the tails. Sorry to all the  Louisiana folks but I could not get the hang of sucking out the tails so I pealed them like shrimp deveined them and ate them. Yum. I did love the claw meat so sweet! Worth effort for sure. Thanks folks for the delish experience I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment