C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Check out the loot!

We sailed overnight. Best meal for that? Penne pasta and red sauce in a bowl. See photo. I got sea sick in the beginning of our crossing so that was a bummer. I had grand plan for dinner but will have to wait for another night.
So, the reason for our rush to Ft. Pierce is the Saturday farmers market that runs. 8 am to noon. For 37$ I walked away with local and not local food, herbs, spices and grass fed local beef. WOW!
I got long red beans, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, pink lady apples, honeybells, brussle sprouts, mint plant, garam masala, an eggplant and a pound of grass fed beef for jeff. In Marathon, I went to the publix and granted I did get some frozen foods and cheese but it was $97! I feel like I will be able to really enjoy what ever meals I happen to come up with now!
Oh not pictured is the freshly squeezed oj and loaf of asiago bread and dinner rolls. Yum!
So, good reader, I am thinking of getting a vacuum sealer for the boat. 3 people in my life really love theirs any other folks have opinions?



2 comments:

  1. Farmer's markets are so much fun! Plus you help the local guy out.

    I've never used a vacuum sealer, I use the ole straw in a bag trick for items I put in the freezer, but I imagine it will come in handy when you need items to stay really fresh on a boat.

    Seasickness is no fun, but sailing overnight is quite an accomplishment. We have yet to tackle that one.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I do have a vacuvin for wine and that works on ziplocks with an special opening just for that but I am leaning towards the electrical one. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete