C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de mayo

Oh my-o. It was a very good day indeed. We had guests come and visit us at the Ft. Pierce Marina. Alan and Marcia drove over and brought us some lovely gifts! Beer, beautiful flowers, cream puffs and a mallet! I don't have to use my frying pan anymore! Whoo hoo! It means so much to me to be able to share C'est la Vie with our friends and these folks are wonderful!
They got to us early enough that we could enjoy the afternoon in the cockpit and we laughed and shared some stories. It had been way too long since we had seen each other so it felt good to reconnect.
Ok, let me get to the menu for the evening. So, I knew we would be hanging out possibly going for a stroll around the town that meant I needed to prep dinner almost to the done stage that way I could do as many dishes as possible so the galley would be tidy incase we decided to eat at the table.
The dinner was black beans and rice with sauteed peppers and plantains chopped avocados lots of limes and chips with red salsa.
I used 2 bags of viggo black beans and rice mix. Adding tomato sauce in place of some of the water.
I diced fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, garlic, onion, jalapeno pepper, 2 plantains, salt and pepper and sauteed them till the plantains had browned up a bit and softened. I forgot how sweet the plantains and peppers can be! The jalapeno heat and the tomatoes rounded it out but I could have added grilled pineapple or more heat depending on your taste buds!
After cooking the beans and rice and the plantains I let them sit and the flavors began to meld. That was a good idea!
I used jarred salsa and chips and chopped up 2 avocados doused them with lemon juice to slow the browning and was ready for dinner in 30 minutes! This was a good meal. I contemplated making dessert. Thank goodness I didn't because Marcia and alan brought cream puffs, wow! Delish!





No comments:

Post a Comment