C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Farmers market dinner

What a joy it is to have so many yummy options at my finger tips! I decided since it was a hot day to grill and not heat up the cabin. I had purchased a "bagged salad" at publix in marathon and knew I needed to use it or lose it. The asparagus I purchased at the market was looking perfect and I had just enough potatoes for one more meal.
The salad was mixed baby greens a white balsamic dressing, pecans crasins and blue cheese. I assembled the salad minus the cheese and set aside.  I cut up the potatoes, red skinned and fingerling, placed on some foil drizzeled olive oil and kosher salt and wrapped another piece of foil on top.  I snapped the ends off the asparagus and set them aside.
While I was in the galley Jeff set up the grill and turned it on. When the grill was ready, 5 minutes and it was HOT! I placed the foil packet of potatoes on it and turned it down to medium.  I checked on them 10 minutes later. They were ready and I added the asparagus to the pouch. My intention was to use the heat of the potatoes to gently warm the aspargus, not to cook them.
I want to say that I do not eat beef nor do I cook it. Usually when I have a question I call either my father or Jeffs parents. I tried this time on my own. I don't know cuts of meat or anything else.  We bought meat precut labled kabob meat. With that said, I strung the meat onto these cool stainless steel wire kabobs that our friend Trish to us.  Jeff salted and peppered the meat.  And I remembered reading somewhere that grass fed organic meat, which this was, had less fat so I didn't want to cook it as long.  I don't know if that is true I have not researched it but since Jeff was eating it and he likes rarer meat I felt justified.
A few minutes on the grill 6 total was all it took to sear the kabobs. The wire skewers are nifty especially since we have a round grill. I look forward to using them again! After the meat was done I removed the warm asparagus placed them on the grill and turned the grill off thinking the residual heat would do nicely to cook the asparagus.  I plated the dinner and grabbed the asparagus to top and it was a great fresh dinner.



1 comment:

  1. i am glad that the kabob wires are working out.

    ReplyDelete