C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Eggplant Mozzarella melt

Another glorious farmers market dinner. So happy we stopped in Ft. Pierce!
This is great aboard and fast for sure.
Slice the eggplant then dip in salted buttermilk and then panko bread crumbs. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. I placed foil on a baking sheet and then used pam on the foil. Cut a loaf of bread in half, I used the asiago bread from the farmers market. Then spread on some pasta sauce, I like newmans own sockarooni.  Pull the eggplant out of the oven and layer the cooked slices on the sauce I overlapped the slices and still had some leftovers. I kept them for later. Then spread on some mozzarella cheese and placed back in the oven for another 10 minutes. I turned off the oven kept the melt in there till I was ready and made a side salad. When we were ready for dinner about 15 minutes later I pulled it out and dressed the salads. This was sooooo good! It really hit the spot!



No comments:

Post a Comment