C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Friday, June 7, 2013

Chicken on the grill

Dinner tonight as it is so hot in the cabin will be grilled. I bought in the states individually wrapped organic chicken breasts that were and still are frozen. I took 2 out to defrost while I prepped the rest. I wanted some roasted potatoes so I checked out my potato bin. Yuck when potatoes go off they are a horrible smell. How did we not realize this sooner. Well to the trash they went. I just purchased these in marathon too! Bummer with the rest I inspected them any black sports or soft spots they were trash too. That left me out of a 5 pound bag 5 red skinned potatoes. I decided to cook them all. No sense in wasting more food.
Who am I kidding we would eat them all we love roasted potatoes. OK so with the foil on the table I wrapped up the sliced potatoes. They were  dusted with salt and pepper and drizzled with the rosemary olive oil Muriel got for me before we left. Then pinched the sides closed and place on the hot grill for 25 minutes.
As an aside I really like these oils but am learning they are finishing oils. The flavors cook out even the spicy ones really mellow out. I think I will get more but know they are eating oils not cooking oils.
Next to get ready in its packet were the green beans trimmed of ends rinsed the water from rinsing will steam the beans. I wrapped them up and placed them on the grill for 15 minutes. They shared the grilled with the potatoes.
I chicken was defrosted but really thick so I butterflied the breasts and rubbed on stonewall kitchen  chicken and pork rub. Note to self, a little goes a very long way. We were scraping off the rub when eating  as it was too much. So this 4oz can will last quite awhile.
I popped these pieces of chicken on the grill 7 minutes a side. That gave the potatoes and green beans a chance to relax and were perfect for eating  when the chicken was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment