C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Monday, June 3, 2013

We have been eating for sure!

Passage making for me is nerve wracking. I am excited and scared. Going over watery depths that the sounders can't gauge makes me realize how small 34 feet is. With that said we don't eat much when I feel queasy. Lays potato chips, rice cakes, apples, and tea. That is my recipe for a successful overnight passage. I know gross but that's what works for me. Poor Jeff he has to starve or eat this stuff with me.  He did try a rice cake. I don't  think they are his thing.

We did make it to the Bahamas and anchored somewhere between Cat Cay and Chub Cay. We did eat dinner to celebrate our tenacity in pursuit! 


I simply grilled 2 chicken breasts just salt and pepper and served it sliced over a salad of romaine lettuce and feta cheese with sliced cucumbers red onion and garbanzo beans. Delish!


Also the drinks are made of homemade ginger ale! More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment