C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Blues

No photo on this post. For some reason the camera on my phone was not working. We left Florida for the Georgia ICW. So pretty and twisty and long. After a long long long day of motor sailing I was wanting something quick and easy. Canned soup? Mac and cheese? Leftovers???

No I made the named dinner. Lindsay green tofu, Jamar brussel sprouts, and christie moldovan asparagus. It turned out so great.

The veggies were from the farmers market from Ft. Pierce! As was the spice blend and lemons.
The way I made it as a one pot meal was, I made the tofu first and placed it in a serving bowl, then added the nutrional yeast right before serving. Then I made the brussle sprouts cutting the spouts in half then dousing them with the juice of a lemon some salt and tossing with minced garlic. I used 3 cloves. Then swirling some oil in the used pan which was still hot I sauteed the spouts till they were bright green about 6 minutes I added the garam masala that I purchased at the farmers market.  The smell of all the different spices filled the cabin. There was some heat to the spice mix as both jeff and I got a tickle in the backs of our throats.  I was looking forward to trying these!

I had placed the snapped asparagus the rind of a lemon and the juice of a lemon, salt and some olive oil and wrapped them in foil.  I then turned off the burner placed the foil package on the burner and the pan of hot spouts on top to cook in the foil.

After about 10 minutes or so jeff had the sail stowed and a drink in his hand. We were both beat. I plated the dinner and took lots of pictures and even a video but alas they did not work. You will have to take my word, it was a tasty dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment