C'est la Vie is a 1966 Charlie Morgan 34.

Her home port is Everglades City, FL. Our typical cruising area is Southwest Florida, the Florida Keys, the Southeastern Atlantic Seaboard, and the Bahamas. We are C'est la Vie's third owners and purchased her in 2005. We continue to maintain and update this classic vessel. Please post any questions or comments about C'est la Vie or our travels via the comment links below.


Saturday, May 19, 2012

What to do with all the free bread...

We had all this amazing bread and I wanted the bread to be the star! So, side show pasta and bold beautiful baguette!

I cut the bread in half, to save it for later and the sliced that half in half lengthwise. Using my squirt bottle of olive oil I drizzled on a healthly dose, spread on minced fresh garlic and squeezed on chopped basil. Oh the aroma was intoxicating! I then spread it with a butter knife and sprinkled on some parm on one and the other half I added roasted red peppers and parm. Poped them in the oven at 325 and 10 minutes later. Wow, the best garlic bread I have ever tasted. So, yes this is kindof like the pizza we ate the night before but...did I tell you just how much I love pizza?

So, I would say this was a hit! Got to love free bread!

We served this with fettucini and red sauce. Which was tasty but not as good as the bread!








No comments:

Post a Comment